About PRK Hospitals Anesthesiology
PRK Hospitals have all the modern and safest methods of Anesthesiology for patients care. The department provides Anesthesia services which accommodate surgeries like Neurosurgery, Cardiac Surgery, and Orthopedic, Laparoscopic and Abdominal surgeries, Oncosurgery, Urosurgery, Gynecological, ENT, Ophthalmology, Kidney transplants and Facio Maxillary Surgery. Our Anesthesiology department also offers services to Emergency care, Radiology, Endoscopy, cardiac and few other departments.
Our Anesthesia department takes proper care of patients so that, they do not feel any pain when they undergo any surgery. Our Anesthetists take comprehensive care of patients during a surgery or delivery. We have various types of anesthesia available at PRK Hospitals such as Local Anesthesia, General Anesthesia, Sedation Anesthesia, and regional anesthesia.
Treatments that are followed by Anesthesiology department at PRK Hospitals are:
- Cardiothoracic Anesthesia
- Critical Care
- Obstetric Anesthesia
- Pain Medicine
- Pediatric Anesthesia
- Transplant Anesthesia
What is Anesthesiology and what they do?
Anesthesiology is department of medicine, where there are experts who can wisely inject the anesthesia drug to the patients. Because of this process patients are carried out of the surgeries without any distress or inconvenience. Department of Anesthesia is very important for any small or critical surgery.
- Determine if it is safe to proceed with the anesthetic and surgery or procedure.
- Devise an anesthetic plan with the patient. This is typically general anesthesia, sedation anesthesia, or regional anesthesia such as a spinal, epidural, or regional nerve block (usually accompanied by intravenous sedation).
- Ensure unconsciousness with general anesthesia, or the appropriate level of sedation with sedation anesthesia.
- Monitor and maintain normal vital signs, including respirations (breaths), pulse, blood pressure, and temperature.
- Monitor and maintain normal levels of oxygen and carbon dioxide gas in the lungs.
- Identify and treat any problem or emergency that may occur before, during, and after the procedure, such as an unexpected or allergic reaction to a medication, bleeding, or an unexpected change.
- Minimize the stress response to the operation or procedure to allow the patient to make the best recovery.
- Provide ongoing care after the surgery in the anesthesia care unit or intensive care unit and help patient in reducing pain post operation procedure.
Post Anesthesia Care:
We take good care of all patients who undergo surgery under Anesthesia. They are kept under observation in a modern well equipped postoperative recovery care unit by specially trained nursing staff under the guidance of the Anesthesiologists to assist the patients in any difficulty.
These nursing staff at the Care unit will look after the patients and ensure that the patient is taken to provide adequate post-operative pain relief. Sometimes there comes a need for more intense monitoring for a longer period of time is shifted to the critical care unit for further management.
We have an extremely skilled and well experienced team of anesthesiologists who aim at optimum quality patient care not just during the surgery but also post surgery period. Anesthestists are the fist persons who will attend the patients to prepare them for the surgery and ensure they will be comfortable till the end of the surgery.