Department of Dermatology
Department of Dermatology at PRK Hospitals deals with all the conditions related to Skin, Hair, and nails. As skin is the largest visible part of the human body we understand the treatment and diagnosis of skin related problems is a major challenge for us. Our dermatologists not only deals with normal functioning of skin, hair and nails but also with the diagnosis and treatment of diseases, disorders, cancers related to skin and hair.
Dermatology is a branch of medicine that deals with skin and diseases related to skin. The specialist who deals with diseases related to skin, hair and nails is called as dermatologist. At PRK Hospitals we have expert staff that has cutting edge technology in the treatment of skin disorders.
At PRK Hospitals we us Latest diagnostic methods to treat skin diseases and problems related to hair. We offer the following outpatient services at PRK Hospitals:
- General Dermatology: General treatment of skin, hair, nails and mucous membrane problems.
- SRV: Treatment of sexually transmitted diseases
- Procedural Dermatology: Therapeutic treatment modalities
- Dermatologic Surgery: Treatment of skin related cancers
- Pediatric Dermatology: Children skin diseases
- Lymphoma: treatment related cutaneous lymphomas
- Connective tissue disease: Diagnosis and treatment of complex skin issues
- Phototherapy: That includes usage of narrowband UVB
- Laser Therapy: Management of birth marks, skin disorders etc.
There are few fields that are included with Dermatology them:
- Cosmetic Dermatology
- Mohs Surgery
- Pediatric Dermatology
Dr. Prabhakar Rao