What is Neurology?
Neurology is the study of nervous system and the person who deals with neurology is called as Neurologist. Nervous system is made of central and peripheral nervous system which includes brain and spinal cord. Neurologists treat illness and disorders that happens in nervous system, they also treat all the neurological conditions.
Neuroscience is a multidisciplinary science that examines the structure and functions of the human brain and nervous system. The Neurosciences Department deals with diseases, disorders, and injuries that affect the human nervous system.
At PRK Hospitals, our Neurology department provides the best in class advanced services. We have expert physicians, state-of-the-art technology, cutting-edge treatment options and superior patient-focused care with highest success rate. We provide specialized care in stroke, epilepsy, head and spinal injuries, brain tumors, attack disorders and movement disorders.
Symptoms that say you should meet a Neurologist:
- Muscle Weakness
- Change in sensation
- Coordination problem
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Lumbar Puncture: This test is used to test your spinal fluid which can detect problems of nervous system.
- Tensilon Test: This test helps neurologists to diagnose myasthenia gravis. The process involves the injection of Tensilon medicine to observe the muscle movements.
- Electromyography: This test is also called as EMG which measures electrical activity between brain and peripheral nerve.
Other tests done by neurologists:
- Computed Tomography or CT Scan
- Magnetic Resonance Imagining or MRI Scan
- Positron emission tomography or PET Scan
Dr. Srikanth Yadav Boini
MBBS. MD. DM (Neurology), NIMHANS Consultant Neurophysician.