What is Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery?
Oral and Maxillofacial surgery is something that involves the process of diagnosis and treatment of broad range of disorders affecting facial complex, jaws, and oral cavity. This includes a wide range of common oral surgical problems, jaw and congenital facial distortions, facial trauma, oral cancer, salivary gland disease, temporomandibular joint disorders, etc.
What does Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons do?
- They can provide safe and effective anesthesia
- Perform dent alveolar surgery(extract of impacted and nonrestorable teeth)
- Dental Implants to replace lost teeth
- Perform orthognathic jaw surgery
- Perform onocologic surgery to remove complex tumors
- Provide reconstructive surgery to rebuild damaged faces
- With TMJ surgery they relieve jaw pain
- Also performs cosmetic surgery of face, jaws and neck
The department of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery, PRK Hospitals offers comprehensive treatment for the diseases affecting the mouth, jaws and neck. We also have a division that provides a full range of outpatient and inpatient services. Our specialists treat patients of all age groups and provide comprehensive pathological, functional and cosmetic surgical services to the patients. We also collaborate with other specialties in the city when needed.
Our Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons offer following subspecialties at PRK Hospitals.
- Aesthetic Facial Surgery
- Congenital Malformations
- CranioMaxillo Facial Trauma
- Cysts and Tumors
- Facial Deformity