PRK Hospitals offers modern techniques and equipment to diagnose and treat diseases related to digestive system. We assure that patients will receive the best care for a wide variety of Gastroenterology treatment. Our Gastroenterology services sum up the prevention and diagnosis of various treatments of Digestive tract, stomach, duodenum, gallbladder, pancreas etc.
We implement more advanced procedures at PRK Hospitals striving to provide compassionate and timely care to the patients. We have a dedicated team of doctors, nurses, technicians, and other who works round the clock committed for wellbeing of the patients.
We follow procedures like Colonoscopy, Endoscopy, Flexible Sigmoidoscopy, Enteroscopy, and Endoscopic Retrograde Cholangiopancreatography in the gastroenterology treatment process.
What is Gastroenterology?
Gastroenterology is a specialized area of medicine that focuses on GI Tract. The study, diagnosis and treatment of disorders in digestive system are called as Gastroenterology. This disorder may effect esophagus, stomach, small intestine, large intestine, rectrum, liver etc. Gastroenterologists are those who treat all these diseases regarding GI tract.
When you first visit a gastroenterologist with your symptoms they refer various tests like blood tests, imaging studies, endoscopic examinations etc. With the endoscopic tests the doctors are able to see the inner lining of digestive tract. A flexible fiber optic tube with a tiny camera is sent inside for the examination.
Tests involved in Gastroenterology:
- Anorectal functioning tests
- Radionuclide gastric and intestinal transit studies
- 24-hour pH monitoring
- Gastroduodenal and colonic motility
- Ambulatory motility recordings and provocative testing
- Here are few signs and symptoms that your body is warning you to meet a gastroenterologist:
- Abnormal Bowel Movements: Constipation is a sign to see a gastroenterologist. If you observe fewer than three bowel movements per week or less you need to visit the doctor.
- Rectal Bleeding: When you are passing stool, if you observe any bleeding from your rectal tract you need to visit the doctor immediately.
- Heartburn: Occasional heartburn is not that serious but, if you experience this very frequently then it is time to meet a gastroenterology.
- Abdominal Pain: If you observe a very frequent pain in abdomen or bloating in abdomen which discomforts you, then meet the specialist.